We are looking for highly motivated, self-driven team members who are quick learners and creative problem solvers. We want to meet you if you enjoy solving challenging problems and imagining solutions from our customer’s perspectives. As a Back End Developer, you will play a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle and collaborate with departments across the company to develop innovative solutions from concept to release.
Role & Responsibilities
- Database creation, integration, and management
- Back-end frameworks to build server-side software
- Web server technologies
- Cloud computing integration
- Server-side programming languages
- Operating systems
- Content management system development, deployment, and maintenance
- API integration
- Design, develop, and test related web applications
- Contribute to back-end development focusing on sustainability, usability, scalability, and performance, assisting with front-end and full-stack projects as needed
- Develop and consume RESTful APIs
- Optimize source code and performance of our systems and products
- Implement software development based on application best practices
- Collaborate with other engineers, analysts, designers, and business team members
- Fix bugs, and identify and resolve issues in existing products
- Communicate technical challenges and statuses to team leaders and managers
- Integrate and improve custom back-end reporting systems
- Participating in the application lifecycle with a particular focus on removing the bugs and improving the code
- Developing smooth and efficient code to develop effective web applications
- Removing the errors and bugs in the applications to make them better for the end-users
- Conducting User Interface tests to maximize performance
- Integrating cutting-edge technology with legacy applications
- Working alongside Front-end Developers to integrate the user aspects of the application with the logic on the server side
- Collecting and rectifying design as well as technical issues
- Supporting and training the internal teams
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in CSE
- Prior experience in a relevant field, preferably as a Back-end developer
- Must have two years of practical experience in a scripting language (Ruby & Race, Python, PHP)
- In-depth knowledge of the entire process of web development (design, development, and deployment)
- First-hand experience in coding languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, and Python)
- Basic knowledge of Content Management System framework
- Excellent management and analytical skills
- Experience using and working with the PostgreSQL database
- Experience integrating with REST, APIs
- Familiarity with secure coding standards.
- Teamwork abilities & problem-solving attitude
- Ability to take quick decisions while working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at a desk for extended periods.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly, and understandably.
- Experience in Ruby on Rails will be preferred
- Work at office
Compensation & Other Benefits
- Salary negotiable
- Weekly 2 holidays
- Salary Review: Yearly
- Festival Bonus: 2
If you are interested, please apply with the subject line; Application for Back-End Developer and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply directly from our Career Page: https://misfit.tech/career/
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com